This is the Merchant Commander Alpha Testing page. I’ll keep the status of the server updated here, along with other newsbits.
About the Alpha
“Alpha” means that the game is technically feature complete, but it lacks content. That’s mostly true in this case, although there are a few small features and tweaks missing still. The goal is to ensure that the game is technically sound and won’t fall over while people are playing.
Here are a few things to expect during Alpha.
- There’s a ton of missing stuff, and ten tons more of small features and interface enhancements that are not done. They’re on a huge list of things to do, though. Please bear with me! 😉
- I’ll be doing lots of work on the server, so the game could be down at any time. I’ll try to minimize this as much as possible.
- At the end of Alpha, and during, I’ll be resetting the world, which will be apocalyptic to your progress. This is necessary to test some features from a clean start.
- Bugs, lots of bugs. I will be setting up a way for you wonderful folks to report bugs and see their status.
- Alpha will end when I get all the features completed and have added enough content to call it “beta.” I’m hoping that means sometime in January.
- The number of concurrent players will be very limited until I get an idea of how much the server can handle. That means you might not be able to play until someone else quits. Please bear with me for a while!
I really appreciate everyone who is helping me by playing this possibly not fun game until I can make it fun. I know there are a million other ways you can spend your time, and it means a lot to me that you are choosing to play Merchant Commander. 8)
Stay in Touch
Thanks again for your time and support!